What a Coincidence!

For a lot of you, this blog may be a little too esoteric or unbelievable; however, I have blogger friends (Wellis Fool-A Fool's Tale) who can back up a lot of these events and it's time that I put them down.

Upon deciding to move to Portland I made a little "pact" with myself that no matter how my mind felt, I would no longer ignore my intuition on the "left coast" and would attempt to further merge into the expanded consciousness with each passing day. Needless to say, the past two weeks have been absolutely mind-altering as a result of this experiment.

#1 Leaving Pennsylvania on Labor Day I had no set plan for trekking across the country other than stopping in Lincoln, NE to visit my Uncle Jeff who is a professor there. While for some this wouldn't seem like a problem, when one is broke it is a relatively large hurdle to overcome, considering any motel room could put a major dent into the budget. After about 4 hours of driving on Monday I received a phone call from a friend who happened to be calling at random. When asked what I was doing, I replied that I was on my way to my new home across the country. It was then that he informed me that he was attending medical school in Canton, OH and had a place for me to sleep for the night. Problem solved! Point: Universe.

#2 I fell asleep the next night in Lincoln, NE and had a dream: a certain friend of mine from high-school (who I was never romantically involved with, nor especially close to by any means) appeared in my dream and I gathered that we were in a West Coast City shortly after sunset. She was wearing glasses and headphones, and walking on the opposite side of the street, so I called to her. After several increasingly desperate attempts I realized that she wasn't going to hear me, and she walked on. The following day I decided to tell her via facebook that I had a dream about her. Upon receiving my message she told me that she had also had a dream with ME in it, and asked what it was about. When I elaborated, she said that she was supposed to move to the West Coast 3 years ago, and it never happened (that's why she couldn't respond!). Point: Universe

#3,4 (I'm realizing how long this blog is getting, so I'm leaving them out, but they were both astronomically unlikely due to "coincidence".)

#5 Earlier this week, while sitting on a bench in downtown Portland writing memoirs a late-20s, tall, somewhat awkward man sat a few benches down from me. His "Members Only"-type gray jacket and gray canvas pants would be atypical of someone I generally hang out with (not that I base friendship on clothing, but none of my friends dress that particular way, and he did not "stand-out" in any certain sense). A general feeling crept over me with a voice calling to me "Talk to him! Talk to him!" So I did. After minor small talk I mentioned a sensory deprivation tank that I had seen in his part of town. After explaining its mechanism and purpose he announced something VERY intriguing to me. In fact, THE thing I want to hear about: "did you know there are Ayahuasca groups in Portland?" he asked. There's the coincidence, I thought. (Ayahuasca or Yage is the shamanic brew employed in South America for divine matters. Its main active ingredient is n-n dimethyltryptamine--DMT--which is the ONLY hallucinogen endogenous to one's body and is released when YOUR BORN and when YOUR DIE.) Though I had smoked DMT before, I had NEVER taken ayahuasca. I asked him, "do you have experience with anything like that? "Yes," he replied, "I ate ayahuasca in a shamanic ceremony in Peru". WHAT!? This guy was the first person I have EVER met who has actually eaten ayahuasca. After further conversation, he told me that he was a DJ for the radio station in Portland and could get me on the air, as well. POINT, POINT, POINT: Universe.

So what's the point of all this? To me, my faith in my own awareness/inner divinity has increased everyday due to all these events. I simply cannot chalk it up to simple coincidence; I have direct, tangible evidence of a higher map or divine plan unfolding each day in front of my eyes. I make one suggestion to you: take time everyday and reflect or meditate. Stay off those habit-forming chemicals you've been taking since you were a teenager (you may be blown away by exactly how much they're covering up!). And most of all, listen to that voice inside your heart. It's your true Self, showing its mastery in every situation, every day. And that's my word!